Portfolio Contact Blog Shop
dave@davebain.com

20 January 2010

Live Drawing with Simon Mills & Ben Steers at Start The Bus

Ben Steers organised a live drawing session at Start The Bus earlier this week and invited Simon Mills and myself to join him in putting marker pen to paper for a very good chunk of an evening. We each worked on a section each and then invaded each other's space, in my case adding twisted birds, swoops, dotes and messy marks, while the boys added tight, inventive characters poking fun at each other. It was another attempt for me to have a go at placing a figure in my work alongside and mixed up with my bird imagery. I definitely feel more confident with drawing in front of others after this session and can't wait for the next blast. Rumour has it that Start The Bus will be holding many more of these type of events, and you're all invited... Must get more pens!